Friday, June 24, 2005

The Legend of The Trashburger

Got back from vacation this past Monday. Went to Virginia Beach. I love it there. My wife and I went there four years ago and we said when we left that it was one place we'd definitely come back to. The beach, the boardwalk, the people are outstanding. I won't even start with the women. It's something a guy would have to experience himself. Simply put, they're unbelievable. Las Vegas used to be the only place I'd leave Chicago for. Not anymore. Virginia Beach is one the best places I've ever been. Although I'm not as relaxed as I wanted to be after coming home. The first day I was gone I got a call from Kelly, my sister in law. She went to my house to feed my cats and check up on them, collect the mail, etc. When she got there she saw that someone had busted a window in my house. Luckily for me, it was double paned glass and only the outer pane was broken. At least my place wasn't robbed. I would have blown a gasket then. Let's just say it put a real damper on the week. One of the things I was looking forward to was a burger that I had last time I was there called The Trashburger. It consisted of the pattie, cheese, bacon and a fried egg. Yes, a fried egg. My arteries started hardening at the sound of it. I had to have it and I did. Had the egg cooked over easy. Big mistake. Took one bite and SQUISH, out came the yolk. You'd have thought it was a squirt gun. But damn was it good. I waited four years for another one. Looks like I waited to long. The restaraunt when I had the burger got remodeled and changed the menu. No more Trashburger. BASTARDS! But least they cook a good steak. I'm going to see a demolition derby this weekend with my sister, niece and nephew. Man those are fun. Maybe I'll have a burger at the track. It won't compare to the Trashburger, though. No burger ever has. Maybe I'll find one comparable someday. Damn, it was good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home